Tuesday, 21 July 2009

Favourite Reads ♥

I first saw this tag done by Ellie at Ohmakemeup and as i am a sucker for a good book i thought i'd give it a go too.


Out of every book i've read, The Lovely Bones is the one i've re-read the most. It is told from the point of view of a murdered fourteen year old girl who from heaven watches over her family.
I cry every time i read it, i think it's so sad that she watches her friends and younger brother and sister grow up while she will always stay 14. It's currently being made into a film which i think is out next year so i am obviously very excited!

The Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer ♥ I know this is a bit of a cheat but i couldn't choose just one, i love them all. I read Twilight the week before the film came out then quickly read the others. I barely ate, i never went out and the only time i moved from the couch was for a quick loo break.. when i came to the end of Breaking Dawn i seriously thought my life was over.

The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova starts when a young girl explores her fathers library and finds an ancient book and old letters that link her parents past to Dracula. The main narrative takes place in 1972, but the story also crisscrosses to when her father was a student in 1950 and to 1930 when his professor began his research into dracula. I just think this is a really interesting read, i even started to get a bit paranoid thinking vampires really existed.. creeped me out!


I enjoy anything by Nicholas Sparks, i'm always waiting to find one that i don't like but so far i've loved them all.. i chose True Believer as my fourth pick because it's the one that made the biggest impression on me. It has a nice mix of romance and mystery, just my cup of tea :)


No Time For Goodbye by Linwood Barclay is about a teenage girl waking up after an argument with her family and finding they have disappeared. I couldn't put this down, it's the ultimate mystery and the ending had me crying like a baby.

10 comments:

  1. Thank you for doing the tag! :)
    I love No time for goodbye too, I read it on holiday and it made me cry too! I'd really like to read The Lovely bones because I've heard it's really good, but I get so emotional so I don't know if I would be able to cope! Haha :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was the same with the Twilight series- I bought the first one, read it and had to go out the next day and buy the rest!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Ellie Aw definitely give The Lovely Bones a go, you wont regret it :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. i adore your blog! twilight was awesome & robert pattinson is just yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Christine Aw thank you hun :) and i agree, rob is definitely lots yummy! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. i will definitely read lovely bones!
    thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm nearly at the end of breaking dawn now and I'm desperate to find out what happens, but at the same time I don't want it to be over!! I'll have a read of lovely bones after I've finished I think! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh wow! thanks for some great suggestions! I have been wanting to check out The Lovely Bones for awhile now.....and now I definitely will! Thank you.

    I hope you have an amazing weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've got some great books here - I hope I get time to try some of your recommendations

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loove the historian!! Great choices hon!!

    ReplyDelete